No one has ever beat me. But boy have I spent many years in this hobby beating
myself. I once said to a fellow group of fliers that I can beat JW on any given
day, and so can they. They all laughed. But, how many contests have you flown 3
near-perfect rounds and then screwed the pooch on the 4th? I've done it many
times. Who beat me? I did. It's about being consistent. And the top fliers are
just that.

I've placed less than 1st in most contests, and placed 1st in a few. But I
still went home feeling good. 'Cause I had a damn good time doing it- Flying I
mean.

Gordy's right. It boils down to having fun with friends doing something we love.