Tim,

I see and understand where you are going, and respectfully disagree. I fly
model sailplanes to compete and so a contest to me is a test of skills among
peers.

Like Golfing I work at every aspect of flying to improve my game in order to
get that edge on the less skilled, the less prepared and the less
knowledgeable.   So for me when it all comes together for a win or high place,
the taste of victory is sweet although brief is very addictive. This is what
keeps me going I can fun fly anytime!! I look forward to a true contest of
skills.

To level the playing field and to reward players for not being prepared, less
skilled or less practiced will give them a false sense of success. They will
wonder why they got there A%$ handed to them when they attend a real contest,
and who fault is that?

smokinjoe