This is Match play, just like they do in FF.  You either max the time,
or you are out!

It does not matter what time you set, just that it has to be maxed.  If
you want to add difficulty, then just increase the flight time 1 or 2
minutes per round.

We did a type of this contest in DLG at Visalia in 2006.  I was CD.  I
had an airhorn.  Everyone launched, and when 10 seconds had passed, the
horn blew, and every pilot had to do a loop, then the first pilots down
were eliminated.  Next I made them do a loop at 10 second, then another
at 30 seconds.  It went on.  Would you believe it that we got up to 4
loops then wait 20 seconds and then 4 more loops.  Scoring was obvious,
you made it or you didn't.  The last round was tough as pilots pulled
out with about 4 inches to spare.