This topic always brings a chuckle to me.

Larry's idea is the only one (other than rolling dice or cutting cards)
that gives everyone an even chance to win with no regard for their
skills or equipment. If that's what you're looking for, that's the way
to go. But who's looking for that?

I've been to contests for over 20 years, and the best pilots, with the
best skills and equipment usually win, as they should. What would be the
point of anything else? Does winning a contest by luck make anyone feel
any better? I doubt it. The real benefit of contest flying (to me) is
the comradery, the sport, the challenge, and the competition (the thrill
of victory and the agony of defeat). I would never throw that away for a
win of a "luck" driven contest. The pilots that are better than I (and
there are many), challenge me and push me to fly better. I wouldn't have
it any other way!

Hank

Henry P. Schorz

Executive Vice President - Chief Scientist

ACT Litigation Services

27200 Tourney Road  Suite 450

Valencia, Ca  91355

PH:  (661) 284-6401 x232

FX: (661) 284-7654

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential.  If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and
permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately.  You
should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any
purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other
person.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.