Tom, Larry, All:

The Munich F3K German Open had entries starting 12/1/2007 per the
spreadsheet.  It was only this Monday that a note was sent by Phil
Barnes telling us that there were 85 entries already and if you wanted
to go, you needed to submit an app ASAP.  The US/world frenzie started
and luckily I was able to get in.

I will have to say that DLG is more Competitor-friendly versus F3B/J
events. I think that the simplicity of DLG with regard to launching, as
well as MOM competition rounds, are some of the main reasons US DLG
pilots are more interested.  Additionally, flying areas are more
available and two or more people can fly together.  DLG is alot like
what"parkflyers" are for electrics.  Personally, when I am at the local
park flying my DLG I have many people come over to see it and wonder how
I am getting it up so high.  Electric parkflyer pilots often get jealous
when I can fly for 2 hours while they have to sit around and wait for a
charge and then buzz around for only 10 minutes.  Think about it.  Look
at Visalia, for example and the 20 or more DLG pilots that fly after the
contest, no waiting around.

Do I see alot of pilots coming into soaring, yes.  It's only that they
are choosing DLG versus the social TD waiting contests.

I agree with Tom that we need to play hardball and not do "cushy"
contests.

Like I have been doing for the IHLGF contests the past 5 years, I am
going to try to take pictures of each plane and pilot and alot more when
I attend the German Open.  If I do not do well, I will at least inject
myself with the design and flying enthusiasm they have over there.  We
need to share technology and flying skills, not have them softened by
waiting around.  I know I will be drinking alot of beer with those guys
like we do here.

Chris Adams