I don't care who you are, now that's funny,,,, no gray cup in the Europe ,,but
true
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Copp<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Soaring@airage.com<mailto:Soaring@airage.com>
  Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 9:44 AM
  Subject: RE: [RCSE] Contest Format

  Yes, I see the same thing too. The Europeans make F3J and F3B the F1 of
soaring and because they do they bring in the new guys.

  You will get your butt kicked when you start out and what do they do to help
you? Nothing.its sink or swim. The best teacher I ever had was a good ass
kicking!  Getting old? Can't see? Tough, move over old man there are 50 new
guys waiting to replace you.

  No one is complaining about buying a winch or model and in many cases it's
more difficult over there to come up with "Toy Money" plus the cost to travel
to a comp is expensive. Yes sure Europe is small but have you ever drove from
Spain/France to Germany? Shoot the toll fees will exceed the cost of fuel (at
8.00+ a gallon!) yet contests are full and the parties are well worth the
effort.

  The USA TD contest pilots are dieing. I mean literally dieing (RIP) no new
blood. The writing has been on the wall for years.. Its time to read the wall.

  Tom