If you weren't there, you missed a great contest. It was well run, and
the winch and line changes they made really made the difference. Darwin
told me unofficially there were only 3 line breaks all weekend. The
winches were quite zippy, but not ludicrously powerful. If they hadn't
told us they had resisted them down slightly, we never would have known.
Things went so smoothly, we even got to fly an extra round on Sat. Nice
job CASL, and thanks!!!! I do hope other clubs follow suit on the winch
power thing...

On Saturday, the air was wonderfully buoyant. I'll bet almost everyone
made their times - unless you did something really stupid... (Sorry JE)
;-) . Sunday, severe clear, thermals were definitely stronger, but there
were a few holes out there, costing a few their times.

Congrats to all the winners. Jason was on fire, nailing the luck dot on
his last shot to cement the win. Andreas exhibited the landing style
that has obviously been honed in a non-skeg competition format (CalTech
actually sent an agent to check on unusual seismic activity) ;-). Mike S
was consistently knocking down the landing points - he's so consistent.
There was a way cool flyoff for 3rd between he and Cody. Side by side
histart launches for a five minute max plus landing on an AMA tape. Mike
shot a (I think) 2 under 96 to Cody's on time 92, taking the bronze.
Nice job Mike!!!! It was fun to watch.

Joe Nave in RES. He's an animal with that thing. Yeah, Gordy took Woody.
(I know, I know)... Kornburg in 2M.

Congrats again to all the top guys. Special congrats to CASL for doing a
great job!!!!!

See ya'll next year!!!

Darylperkins.com LLC.
1600 McCulloch Blvd. 5B