From: Mark Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:51 PM
To: Joe Rodriguez
Cc: Soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] The Stylus, Airtronics, Can't wait forever

Joe,

I have both versions and can address some of these issues:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Joe Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I too had a RD8000 the 72mhz version I'm guessing the 2.4 version has the
> same software.

Yes it is exactly the same - except of course the "fail safe" and
modulation settings. I have a few models on the 72mhz version, and
just went thru the menus one at a time copying all the settings to the
new radio. Seems to work with just a few minor trim changes.

> And I agree with Mike it is a great radio for electrics and 2 to 4 channel
> sailplanes and handlaunch the
> RD8000 is light but has a inexpensive look to it, the RD8000 seems geared
> power and heli's.
> RD8000 is lacking for F3X needs Like sliders, flight modes, 6 servo
control,
> 3 position switches to name a few.>

True it is geared that way - however the RD8000 will address up to 8
channels. The most sophisticated setup is for my Kangke Monocoupe
towplane. It works elevator, rudder, throttle, 2 independent aileron
servos, 2 independent flap servos and the tow release. This setup also
handles reflex and landing flaps ON THE 3-POSITION SWITCH.
I will be experimenting with electric / full-house setups. The biggest
issue I see for F3X stuff is lack of camber control (no slider). I
really wish it had a rotary knob for heli pitch control too.

> I now have ONE radio that fly's all my toys and that's the way it should
be.

> joe

Yes - I agree and the RD8000 has room for only 10 models. I'm eagerly
anticipating the Stylus 2.4 module release!
I have a lot of brand loyalty so I'm really pleased that Airtronics
has a 2.4 system that I can use for my power planes and helis. I live
pretty close to a club field so 2.4 is a godsend. Now I can fly in the
openspace next to my house like I did before the field was built. I've
lost several planes at that field on 72mhz - to undetermined
interference which has claimed many planes there. Hopefully the 2.4
radios will eliminate that problem.

Mark
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format