Market size....numbers of units to be sold

Alberto
www.hobbyclub.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Apr 30, 2008 8:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] The Stylus, Airtronics, and Houdini

Friends in Soaring,
 As you know I flew Airtronics systems for years and years. I remember when I got my first Stylus in the early 90's, it was and is, a classic Radio. However radio design did not stop in 1991. I was involved in discussions for at least 3 new radio designs for Sanwa, that were always canceled. It took 4 years to get the 94761 Servo in to our hands, this drove Ron nuts because he knew We all had JR servos in our Gliders. I can remember many meetings with Sanwa Engineers where they patiently listened to what We wanted, and nodded in agreement.  Then 6 months down the road, it was like We had never had the discussion. We were crying for a new Glider Card, but it wasn't possible. Did you ever stop to wonder Why there is not Stylus replacement from Sanwa? The truth is the Stylus was designed here in America as a project for Airtronics. I think it was by the same Team that did the software for the Vision. Sanwa has never designed a radio with all the features of the Stylus. I am not saying they can't do it, I'm just looking back at my experience with Sanwa, where they chose not to do it. If you guys are waiting for Sanwa to come up with your Stylus replacement, you might get tired of waiting, I know I did. I jumped to JR and have never been happier. They have a full line of cutting edge Radio gear, Great Service, Incredible Support for Soaring, and more important, People willing to listen to us. Team Red is growing, while you are waiting, We'll be flying.
Larry Jolly Air-Heli  JR Team