I once got a several guys to build one or more Skeeters, and we all modified them so that there was not even one in the group that was "stock". We flew the heck out of them all that summer and had more fun thermalling, sloping tree lines and backyard walls... it was really great.

Mentioning that model sure brings back some fun memories!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill's Email" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "RCSE" <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] RES vs UNL vs DLG

I think it is abundantly clear the path that is needed to be taken in soaring to restore it to all its glory. Yes, I am talking about the complete prohibition of all but one aircraft from soaring competition.

The one and only aircraft that shall be used is the venerable Skeeter, and it MUST be built by the pilot. This will restore the need for building skills and also positively determine who the best pilot is. Anyone who can keep a Skeeter aloft from more than a few minutes truly is a a soaring God!!

So there it is, the salvation of soaring is the Skeeter. Who'd a thunk it??