-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Swingle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 1:07 PM
To: RCSE Soaring
Subject: [RCSE] Antenna Length

So far we have 3 folks who have measured NIB receivers and they got:

1.  41"
2.  40.75"
3.  38.75"

Our antennas are quarter wave length thus the math stated by Art Mcnamee is
correct. Though his stated 5% reduction is something I've never heard of.

For channel 11, a quarter wave antenna would be 41.005 inches.
For channel 60, a quarter wave antenna would be 40.454 inches.

Allowing for inaccuracies, tolerances and the wire inside the case I make my
antennas 40 inches from case to tip. But in reality, the length isn't too
critical.

The latest craze to sweep the nation: Antenna Measuring!

Bill Swingle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pleasanton, CA

Just measured mine. Exactly 40.73654278234876 inches long..... give or take
a tiny little bit.