Hi Bill:

Just to add a little to the discussion  we  should clarify the unknown 5%
reduction
in length of the receiver antenna.  The calculation made by Art is
correct for the total
length of the antenna.  Since the inductance and capacitance of the
receiver is part
of the antenna.  Arts calculation is for the whole system antenna plus
receiver so the 5%
reduction in length is for the receiver portion of the antenna.
Different receivers designs will affect the length of the wire antenna.
Also the frequency of the transmitter (Channel Number)  will affect this
length.  If you had a Spectrum Analyzer (Big Bucks) you could tune the
antenna and receiver to the optimum length for the channel.  If  you
don't  have a Signal Analyzer the (5%) as suggested is probably the
nominal  value to reduce the antenna length to make up for the average
receiver loading.  How correct this value (5%) is I don't know, as bill
said the receiver antenna is not to critical.

Glenn Eiden