At 04:12 AM 3/11/2000 -0800, Mark Morland wrote:
>I once had a JR622 transmitter quit working after spending a day in a
>storage case that had received a few raindrops while open.  Luckily
>there was a bit of sun available, so I opened the transmitter up and
>dried it for about an hour.  It always worked fine after that.
>
>Mark
>ex-Seattlite
>
>Richard Dolf wrote:
> >
> > After yet another session of flying in the rain,  I got
> > to wondering - how wet can this transmitter get before
> > it stops working?
> >
> > Anyone ever damage a transmitter flying in the rain?
> >
> > Richard
>RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
>and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My Stylus lost its LCD screen while flying in the
rain. The radio worked but I couldn't see
the settings for changing models, or saving the settings
before sending it for service.

I sent it back to Airtronics, where they found other
parts showing corrosion from previous in-rain encounters.

This was the first transmitter that really failed due
to rain, but then, most of the others didn't have
LCD displays.

-Fritz