Evening all on the Exchange.  Wanted to get out the finalized Ohio Valley Soaring Series schedule for 2000.  There are a few changes from my first posting of this.  As an addition this year, SOAR in Chicago has joined the Series, and I have heard that many guys from the SOAR area are coming out to fly OVSS.  With the addition of the SOAR contest, the Nats Unlimited contest has been dropped.  There are seven stops this year for OVSS.  Scoring will stay the same as a pilots best four weekend(one day of each of four weekends) scores out of the seven contests will determine the winner.  Tie breakers are the same as last year.

May 20/21 Memorial Contest-CSS-Cincinnati CD's Ed Franz and Barry Andersen
June 3/4 LOFT Weekend- LOFT-Ft. Wayne CD's Dennis Adamisin and Mike Remus
June 10/11 Fred Contest-SOAR-Chicago CD Tom Kallevang
June 24/25 Mid-South-LASS-Louisville CD Ed Wilson
August 12/13 DARTS Man-on-Man Contest-Yellow Springs CD's Bob Massmann and Jerry Shape
August 26/27 Mid-American Championships-BSS Lexington CD Buzz (I am not good with sounding things out Buzz)
September 2/3 LOFT/OVSS Fall Round Up-Muncie CD Marc Gellart

You can look up info for all these contests off links from the DARTS webpage @ www.dma.org/DARTS for the individual clubs.  Some very good news concerning the CSS Memorial Contest.  Tonight I talked with Ed Franz and he stated that, though it is not final, it looks as though the Memorial will have a new sight where 360 degree flying is on the table.  The sight is at a state park in Kentucky just south of Cincinnati proper.  Three cheers for Ed's and Barry's efforts in upgrading this event.  Also notice that the Mid-American Championships is not on it's traditional weekend because of problems with the park folks.

After this I will be posting some LOFT information and there will be more info about the Fall Round Up on that post.

Marc Gellart, LIma, OH
OVSS Coordinator