Bill--My BOT has the yellow corrugated tube with cable inside.  It has
worked well for 5-6 years.  On the nose---find someone who runs R/C cars
and get a discarded knobby tire and cut a piece out of the center about
1/2-3/4 wide and 4-5 inches long and glue it to the bottom of the fuselage
with  goop.  Works for me.   Great sailplane!!! ---JimAt 01:31 PM 3/19/00
-0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I'm building a Bird of Time, and have acouple of questions:
>
>For the rudder and elevator control rods the BoT uses .062" wire running
in a plastic housing.  I have a choice of three cable housings:

>1. The housing supplied by Dynaflite.  A white, corrugated plastic.
Noticably softer and more flexible that the other two.  Presumably by Great
Planes.

>2. Yellow Sullivan Nyrod.  Corrugated.  I think that Sullivan uses this
with their flexible cable.

>3. Dubro. Translucent plastic. Not corrugated.
>
>Are these interchangable, or is any better than the other?  This is the
first time I've used solid wire for controls, and, with the BoT tail
construction, the stabilator linkage will be sealed away.

>Nit-picking details...
>
>While I'm thinking of it-- my usual flying field is only moderately
developed:  bare spots, volunteer grass.  Not a sod farm by any means.
Landings can be rough on the bottom of the fuse-- I notice a lot of nicks,
scrapes and gouges on the bottom of the GL after a year.  I have put some
clear plastic packing tape on the forward bottom section of the GL to keep
the Monokote from getting shredded.  On the BoT, I wonder if there is a way
to "armor" that bottom forward section for a rough field.  I'm thinking of
laminating some 1/32 ply to the bottom to toughen it, say from the nose
block to the towhook.  And plan to use a McCann smooth skid ahead of the
towhook so it won't land on the towhook.