In a message dated 04/16/2000 8:50:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  I want to know where is this 150 to 200 lbs
>  pull comes from and how that pull is transfered to the boom. Have anyone
>  loaded up his plane at home with sand bags adding up to a 150 to 200 lbs
>  wings loading?  How is this flexing shifting the tails to a negative
>  decalage ? . Now, how a lousy flap servo with a max of 60 oz torque
>  won't allow the flaps to go in reflex at such proportional to their
>  surface forces acting upon them ?. How about the ailerons ?.

I found it interesting, only as an illustration, to load two pounds of lead
into an F3B eagle, and set the plane on the ground, resting on its nose, tail
vertical, and take hold of the stabs and move the plane around it various
axis. It definitely gives you an appreciation of the work those little
elevator and rudder servos have to do to move the plane around. Its not too
hard to imagine the tail boom flexing on launch or in a hard speed turn
(bank, yank, unbank.) Also, it wasn't the tail boom flexing that impressed me
much on a two man F3J tow, but the V-tail getting blown off certainly got my
attention.