Thanks to all who commented on this subject.  I figured the market was
pretty much as you all described it.  I guess I'll stick to my daily grind
for now.  I don't think I could bear to build too many of the same plane for
too long anyway.  On the other hand, haveing a small business to offset R&D
costs (my hobby) could come in handy when dealing with the tax man.  I am in
Hawaii, which is a great place to live, but a difficult area to make or
distribute anything due to high fixed costs (rent, shipping, insurance,
labor, etc.)  Maybe I'll talk my Cantonese girlfriend into running a
swetshop for me in Mainland China =)  Then she would know how much I spend
on my toys and I'd be out of a hobby for sure =(
Some day I'll figure out how to make a $900 plane for $20 and sell it for
$300, until then I'll just build for fun.
-Silas-
Who is tired of flying to Kona three times a week at 5:15 AM and getting
home after 7:00 PM and being too damned tired to fix a plane to fly on the
weekend...something a second job would not help a bit.