This year at the World F3J competition we will have 5 Psyko Molded
sailplanes being flown. Two are with the Juniors, Chris Jolly and Paul
Griebenow.  John Roe is flying the other 3. We have been working
constantly to improve this outstanding model. John recently received two
new sailplanes and the first one came out at 64ounces (built out by Dave
Sanders) might be as low as 62 when he gets the CG adjusted. This is a
full strength F3J sailplane with square joiner and molded flying stabs.
To me this is a significant performance/weigh accomplishment thanks to
the work of Brian McLean, D. Perkins and help and advice from friends
such as Phil Lontz. The flying stabbed sailplane has a distinct
advantage in the landing circle (handling too) and we have still managed
to get the weight to the low end of the TD wingloading spectrum. BTW we
also make a 5/8" joiner version that knocks another 3-4 ounces off the
weight. Dick duPont has the first in this new version and expected
weight seems to be just around 60 ounces! If we went to a V-tail (don't
ask, we won't!) we could get this weight easily to 55 ounces.

The SchpotDorker  and Psyko XL (designed by Daryl Perkins) are the new
TD sailplanes and their weights are 54 and 56 ounces, respectively.

Recently we made a prototype 5/8" wingrod version for Joe Wurts for the
F3J Worlds (that makes 6 NSP planes going!) with his own airfoil and
planform. Daryl Perkins is making the fuselage, mostly out of some
fairly expensive carbonfiber. This fuselage is painted (can't leave it
all black!) and weighs in at 7.25 ounces and will not flex!  Expected
flying weight will be approx 58-59 ounces. I think the Wurts version
SchpotDorker will be Joe's dead air bird. We will have to see how it
flies first. Knowing the expertise of Wurts' wing design, Daryl's design
and fuselage construction, and Phil Barnes' wings and tails, I believe
it is going to be just fine.

The two versions of the Psyko Molded, the SchpotDorker, and Psyko XL are
available now.

We are thinking of introducing a Victory and BOP in the light versions
too.

Almost forgot! The SchpotDorker and Psyko LT have rear 1/3 of the chord
(approx) made in Kevlar. This is fairly hard to do but has resulted in a
significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength. Our models,
being designed by the best competition pilots in the world are designed
to pull very hard on the winch and must be able to withstand very high G
loads.

--
Sal DeFrancesco
Northeast Sailplane Products