Good observations, Robert. Just off-hand, I think there is a deteriorating
regard for proper use of the language and inattention to errors being made,
particularly among younger people. This is partly the fault of the
educational system which doesn't want to stifle a student's imagination and
creativity by correcting his/her spelling.

Perhaps some people do not differentiate between "chord" and "cord",
"losing" and "loosing", "there" and "their", "ailrons" and "ailerons",
"don't" and "doesn't", etc. or just plain do not care. On occasion, I have
called errors to the attention of the "offenders" when the misuse is
flagrant, repetitious and borders on the annoying. This is offered in a
spirit of being helpful, rather than critical. Usually, a thankful response
will follow, although some get defensive.

However, it is very easy to see only what we intended to write or thought
we wrote, rather than what we actually did. I often find I have failed to
edit out some errors after I reread something I've sent off, so have to
realize it can happen to others, too.