Keith,
 The most efficient climb angle is almost straight up. Seventy five
or so degrees is about right as anything greater will drift behind
you on the way up and make it hard to get a good transition at the
top. The steeper it goes, the less drag is induced by the coef of lift.
--
Dick Barker
Seattle, WA

Keith C. asked: