Please note that this is an update from the announcement in the latest issue
of MA.

Notice updated: Sept 2, 2000

The Cincinnati Soaring Society's 21st Annual Great Pumpkin Fly will be held
on October 14 & 15, 2000 at the club's flying field located at The Gate of
Heaven Cemetery. Our field is located 0.3 miles north of I-275 on Montgomery
Rd. See the Maps for directions and locations.
We will be flying two classes, in a man-on-man format, at this year's
contest; UNL and RES. UNL class is self-explanatory. RES will be the
customary configuration with a fixed trailing edge. (This is a change from
our original contest announcement.)
We will be flying 360? on our field with precautions taken for the safety of
the surrounding property. Those of you have flown from our field in the past
should enjoy the additional air space.
Lunch will be brought in. At our Memorial Contest in May everyone decided on
pizza and it went over quite well. Drinks will be available.
Both UNL and RES will be flown on Saturday and Sunday. (This is a change
from our original contest announcement.) Trophies will be awarded to Fifth
Place in each class on both days, with an overall 2-day high point trophy.
The tasks will be determined just prior to the contest depending on the
conditions. One of our goals is to get in as much airtime as possible. Entry
fees will be $10 for the first class and $15 for both classes.
Pilots meeting will be promptly at 9:30 am EDT with the contest starting at
10:00am EDT. We will aim for the Sunday contest to conclude by 3:00 EDT for
those who may have a long drive ahead of them.
If you have any questions, please contact:

Mike O'Donnell [EMAIL PROTECTED]
John Measamer [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bob Scheidt [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike...