This is very interesting.  Here's a comparison of features:

                                        Seiko   Kitchen timer

Count up                                Y       Y
Count down                              Y       Y
Continues time after target reached     Y       Y
Positive "snap action" switches         Y       N
Display preset and elapsed time         Y       Sortof, two timers can run
simultaneously
Hold time when turned off               Y       N/A - doesn't turn off
Beeps                                   Y       N
Ergo buttons for quick stop..start      Y       Y, I can stop, clear and start in <1.5
sec.
Fits in palm                            Y       Y
Matching lanyard                        Y       Sortof, I use a piece of purple fuzzy
yarn
Water, shock resistant                  Y       N
Protective case                         Y       Sortof, I wrap the fuzzy yarn around it
1/100th second accuracy                 Y       N (my finger's not that accurate)
"You get what you pay for"              Y       Y ($9.99 Walmart)

Has any contest been decided by a difference of a second that could have been
attibuted to the accuracy of the timer, and not the timer's finger?

-Ben