> This is not to say one will not achieve
> some relatively high velocity, as already witnessed.
> In all honesty (as realistically as possible?), how fast is the fastest
> DS A/C going? Anyone?

While I was doing the filming with his camera and with Dieter Mahlein of
Shredair on the radar gun, Paul Naton hit 173 mph at a place just up from
Kiona Butte this past summer. There were several other passes right around
170 mph. The conditions were only medium and Paul could have gone faster had
he pushed harder according to the DS maniacs in attendance. I'm sure that
much higher speeds are attainable if the bio-computer can handle them.

We were at the bottom of the DS circle where the sounds were absolutely
incredible. The description of "shredding air" is the best I can think of.
Did I mention that it was terrifying to have a plane going 173 mph pointed
at you?

Randy Bullard