At 09:17 AM 10/27/2000, Jeff Steifel wrote:
>MS put internet explorer on there
>PC's and disabled Netscape. What was wierd is that sometimes I had to really
>play with the registry to get Netscape back up.

I have two versions of Netscape, MSIE, and some other browsers running on
NT and Win2k, no strangeness all on the same computer.  (Other than I have
to test my web site on all these freekin' browsers because they all have
subtile differences.)  But the Browser wars are way all over now.

>Microsoft plays dirty.

Microsoft does what it takes to win.

I see some pilots at soaring contests do whatever it takes to win too.

>Also I am
>waiting for an MS operating system to become one that can be trusted to stay
>up.Microsofts OS is a kluge to dos, and this includes NT.

Take off the UNIX blinders...  8-)  I have been running stable NT and Win2K
servers for a long time.  It can be done.

And don't read me wrong, I am not a MS head, I just like computers, Mac,
Windows, Linux, whatever...  they all are interesting to me.

I thought this was all about Hobie Hawks, I promise not to talk about
computers anymore today on this forum.  8-)

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of Chicago SOAR club
ICQ 6997780    R/C Soaring Page at http://www.mcs.net/~bacuslab/soaring.html