First I can tell you that .036 dia carbon rod is stiffer than .032 music
wire. Secondly, I have ordered .030 and .040 carbon rod from 2 different
sources - and the .030 was actually .026, the .040 actually .036. I do not
believe this is not due to tolerance error as the rods were apparently
centerless ground and all identical.

Now, does anyone know a source for .030 and .040 dia CR that is actually
.030 and .040 dia?

Rick