well, try again... 347 WAS introduced in the late 80's... '91 compatible
("Gold Stickered") txs were available by '85 actually.

At 01:42 PM 11/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>yea , something like that , but I believe the 347 was always a post 91'
>radio . I mean there were no wide band 347s to my knowledge . It was some
>time in the early 90's , Futaba countered the 347 with their Super Seven
>Series soon after .
>Progression was about right 347 -> 388 -> 783 -> 8103 -> 8103dt
>8103 replaced 388
>783 replaced 347<<

actually the 388 replaced the 347 as it was taken out of production by the
time the 388 was available... the 783 offered as a lower price point
alternative when the 8103 was introduced..

>347 has 4 programmable mixes , all the rest have 6 ( at least , not sure
>about dt )
>347 doesn't use landing switch as 3 preset pos flaps , just (2) normal and
>landing preset . The others can use it as 3 preset pos flaps .<<

incorrect... the same 2-pos. switch was used for landing/camber mode on all
transmitters... 3-pos switch for launch-neutral-reflex pre-sets is the same
for all of those we're discussing here.. getting reflex for the Full TE on
the 347 required some compromise though (flaps only on launch pre-set)..

>347 is 512 bit only, all others are 512 and 1024 .<<

z-pcm = 512

s-pcm = 1024

>Biggest problem with the 347 for me is 4 model memory , but I still use it
>alot - works great and always has for 9 years .
>
>What's the difference between a 388 and 783 ( besides the 8th channel ) ,
>did the software features of the 783 get upgraded ?<<

none & no

Stumper
[EMAIL PROTECTED]