For the one pound white foam 6 inches of mercury (about 3 psi)is the most
you can use without crushing your wing.

We were the first company to sell a reliable electric vacuum bagging system,
and the first to sell a very inexpensive system.  The biggest difference
between the systems is the pump that is used.  The pumps that are commonly
used in the very inexpensive systems have very poor reliability, the vacuum
suction can not be adjusted and the pump suction can very a lot from one
pump to the next.  The worst thing about these cheep pumps is that they have
a very low flow rate so if you do not have a nearly perfect seal on the bag
they will not provide hardly any vacuum to the bag.

Because of all the problems we discontinued these cheep pumps very quickly.

Matt Gewain
Composite Structures Technology

is 7" enough vacuum for most applications?
When do we more or less? How much vacuum do you guys use?

Cheers
Kjelli