Did you cover the foam with packing tape before laying
up the hull?  Once you dissolve the foam the packing
tape helps you pull the rest of the goop out.

Michael

Melbourne, Australia
ICQ 3481522

fiberglass boat hull I was
> making for a friend.  I cut a hole about two inches
wide in the
> glass which
> covered the whole part.  I then poured in a bit of
acetone and
> watched the
> foam melt and sizzle away, adding more juice as
needed.  When
> all the foam
> had melted, though, it was left in the form of a
black, messy goo that
> refused to be scraped out or pulled out with ease.
>     Do any of you out there have any experience in
this region?
>  Do I make a
> bigger hole or what?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik Alber
> "The Resin Head"
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane
News.  Send