Cliff,

I think the A-7 had internal stores so there's plenty of room to care some
spare planes and clothes.

It's a carrier aircraft so you don't need much of an airport.  Just get
someone to set up a couple of upstarts, approach across them, and use the
arrestor hook.
You could use upstarts for departure too.  I'm not sure how many guys it
would take to hold it back while putting tension in the rubber.  You'd just
have to experiment.  Just make sure nobody is standing directly behind the
aircraft.

Why bother with the pilots license?  Just hook a few servos up to the stick
and throttle, sit back in the cockpit with your Tx, and fly like always!
You might want think about taking up control line since they have a carrier
event.

As far as getting home, with a little planning and a 150kt jet stream
assist, you could make it in around five hours with in-flight refueling.
Don't forget to add another 3 hours for the time zone change.

Jim Yahr
Carlsbad, NM