In a message dated 11/23/00 8:20:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< You travel junkies, if you like Parker you'd LOVE Camelback, in NE Penn.
Camelback has
 1000' at 85* on the front and back, needs wind out of the North or South. >>

Hi Rich -
I have not seen Camelback since I did my 8 hr Level V slope flight there in
Sep '85 - I agree with you that it potentially has a good shape for DS.  As I
recall, the top is not quite as sharp as the pictures I've seen of Parker Mtn
(it's relatively flat across the top for 60 -100', at least at the then most
eastern parking lot that we flew from) and although the North side (ski area)
was relatively clean, the South side had very dense vegetation 5-7' high
(small trees, bushes,weeds) right up to the top - in other words, one
couldn't really see off the ridge/down the slope in that direction (at least
not standing on the ground).  Have you visited recently - what does it look
like now?
Good Lift!  Skip Schow