Older Visions had a flaw with the strap that holds the pot's output shaft to
the radio. This strap often cracked causing the shaft to rotate and cause the
problem you are experiencing.  The fix is quite simple; just reinforce the
strap and tighten it all back down after you re-center the pot using the
Vision's LCD readout.
We found all this out on practice day for the '91 F3B Worlds in Holland when
Larry Jolly's radio had this happen and Joe's was about to. We fixed both in
the field and the rest is history.
Good luck,
Norm

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  If you notice that the elevator stops counting
 at partial down, then you probably need to readjust the pot centering
 manually. >>