I never tried it,  I don't know for sure if acad13 can accept bmp files, but
I would think so because it can do rendering. It can accept dxf files.
Unfortunately I lent my manuals out and drafting is closed right now. I'll
see what I can find, but there are some Acad heavyweights out there on the
exchange who should answer this.

Rick