> From: "mark.howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:21:08 -0700
> To: "soaring" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Fw: [RCSE] Cobra??? why?
>

> It would be nice if f3b was THE contest format. We could dispense with all
> that boring TD stuff.
> Make the Nat's six days of f3b, and one HLG. Sounds right.
>
> Mark

Hey Mark,
Here in the North Island of New Zealand we have the JR/Airsail F3B series
that runs six 2 day events spread evenly through the year.
The South Island runs the Acorn F3B series which I think is another 6
events. We also have another two annual events, the Nationals & Soarchamps
which often attracts the Australians along with that famous JW chap from the
states. As you can see we are very much into our F3B. With our dollar the
way it is or more importantly how the US dollar is, you could get great
value out of a trip down our way.
We would love to see some of you guys make it here for some great soaring
action. We even have a good DS site just a few K's away from our club flat
field. It is an extinct volcano right here in Auckland city!
As for Cobras, yes they are here too although the most common F3B weapon
used around here is the Muller Ellipse series of aircraft.
Check out the Auckland Silent Flight Club website for more info.
http://www.rcmodels.com/clubs/asfcnz/index.html

Currently there is a 12 knot onshore blowing so I'm off to fang my Mini
Ellipse on the slopes of North Head, a great way to spend a summers evening!

Cheers
Dave

Dave Larsen
Auckland