while thinking about flight dynamics and airfoils,
it dawned on me that elevons on a flying wing,
such as my daw me-163 komet, don't really function
aerodynamically like elevators.

the stabilizer/elevator counteracts the moment-force
of a cambered wing, which typically causes the plane
to pitch forward, as well as a non-neutral cg.

it occurs to me that elevons don't conteract the wing
moment-force, but by changing the airfoil shape directly,
they directly change the wing moment force, and the
pitch of the aircraft.

elevons directly affect the moment-force, whereas the
elevator affect the counter-balancing force.

does any of this make sense?  is any of it correct?