Hello everyone

I am thinking about building a CNC foam cutter from some surplus parts at
work, and I have a few questions regarding software and motor drivers.  I
have a good background in linear motion stage design and systems
integration, so the mechanics of the system is not a problem.  I know I have
seen a few people post on this subject in the past so there must be someone
out there who has made one.  My questions are,

What 4 axis motor driver did you use?  I have found a few sites out there
that sell kits or show some schematics but I am not sure which to buy.  I am
not afraid of some soldering, but I do not want to make a circuit board from
scratch if I can avoid it.  Also, some of the drivers include a timer that
they say is needed to work with windows based foam cutter software.  The
driver i would like to buy (cheap and in kit form)does not have a timer.  Is
this needed?  Can I add one?

What software are you using?  I have found 2 very good candidates from
france?  Are there others?

I would love to get any feedback regarding this issue to help make a
decision on hardware as well as not to make the same mistakes that maybe
someone else has already made.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Marc Webster