I built the 2M Kestrel based on recommendations form club members but they
all advised strengthening the entire center section.  I added additional
plywood formers at the rear of each wing bolt saddle. I also reinforced the
entire area with Carbon fiber tow and epoxy.  The other guys had used
fiberglass.  The primary purpose was to prevent the bolt blocks from pulling
out.  I also doubled the thickness of those bolt blocks.

NOW, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING...  If the kit your friend is offering you is
older than about 4 months you need to check the accuracy of the plans.  When
I built the 2M version, I found the plans were shorter, along the x-axis,
than the parts but were correct along the y-axis.  I contacted Sal and after
a discussion he looked into it and confirmed it.  The plans had been
digitized incorrectly by the company contracted to do the work and no one
had reported it before me.  He also said the 100" version had a similar
problem.  Since that time, new plans have been digitized and he provided me
a replacement copy.

I recommend you lay our the fuselage sides on the plan and if they do not
closely match in length, give Sal a call at NSP.

Dave