Dick,

I take exception to your MHLG comments.  If you are looking for a plane that
performs well then stcik with the 60" ships you have.  By getting down to
29.5 " you are entering another reallm of aerodynamics and design.  You have
to design for that arena, much like that  you had to design for when you
went from unlimited HLG of any wingspan down to 60"  .  You might be
thinking the tunnel vision way that was once prevelant in HLG circles that
you could not get them top perform.  YES, I agree that MHLG does not perform
as well, but my Itch has sure provide me and many other will hours of fun.
Each plane perfoms differently.  Personally My Itch (whihc isn't great) is a
way better perfomer than the dragonette.  When up agains the Gnat, we had 2
philosophies going, and while I launched higher, he had a better sink rate.
We would bounce off the groud at the same time.  I started a HLG design 60"
to try it, and I am considering anopther micro because I know I can get a
better plane.  Besides, I thought Micros were better for launching for my
arm, overhand, and I could launch as high.  Now I will try discus with a
micro.

I think that 21 MHLG designers are NOT wrong.  Just that the regular 60" HLG
are in your league, not ours.

Thermals,

Chris  :-)