Two ways to do this.

Go to the AMA site at http://www.modelaircraft.org/ pull up the page(s) for AMA clubs
in your area and look for sailplane clubs.

Another is to go to RC Soaring.com and look at Joe's Soaring Clubs page:

http://www.rcsoaring.com/clubs.shtml

--Bill

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:46:20 -0600 David Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

While my website has stuff for everyone (such as links, info on wind
forecasts), it is PRIMARILY aimed at helping beginners to find a
sailplane club, choose a first glider and radio based on their
situation, and get off to a good start building and flying.

One of the items on my web site that is not as helpful to beginners as
I would like is my information on how to locate a sailplane club in
their area.

Is there a comprehensive list of sailplane clubs?  If not, what
non-comprehensive online lists do you know of so I can add more links?

Here's what I have so far on my "Sailplane Links" page (note that the
items to the left in quotes are actual links on the web page):

Searching for a Sailplane Club in Your Area
    "DARTS links" - See list of Sailplane Clubs web sites at top of
                                 page
    "AMA Club Lists" - Start here, find list of clubs for your area
                                 or state, then look at each club in
                                 your city or metro area.  Since most
                                 clubs are for powered planes, look
                                 for keywords in the club name like