Erik,

You already have one of the best adjustable tow hooks you can buy but with
your current installation you are not realize its potential. Now here is how
to do it so it will be adjustable.  First off you will need to pop out the
current block and make sure that it is sanded to the contour of the fuse
bottom.  Now take your dremel tool and route a slot the width of your hook
and say about 3/4" long where your current hole is in the fuse.  I normally
make this hole starting at the center of  the recommended CG range.  This way
you have the ability of using the full range of adjustment.  I have used this
method on both my 2M and UNL planes for several years with great success.
Once you have optimized your position you can always glue it back in at that
time if you so desire.  I normally leave mine un-glued and have never had one
pull out or move on me.  The credit for this idea needs to be given to Ed
Slegers since he was the first one to tell me about this way of doing it.
Hope this helps.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS