My foam supplier tells me that Dow grayboard is no different than Owens
corning Foamular 150. The tow sure feel and look different to me. What
is the deal?

Mike in Arcata

Mike I personally did not like pink.  I always considered it soft to the
touch.  Then I met gray but that also is the same.

The gray was slightly lighter in weight than the normal blue.  But the gray
also was much easier to dent.  The normal green was harder than the blue.

All this gets technically non difficult if you knew the pressure under which
it was formed.  I have used blue formed at 25 but I think gray was 15 or 20.
For small pieces and very thin I have used the "hi load 40".  Depending
where you live and the purpose of use the standard for you in blue could be
anything from 15-30.  I think most of us see 25.  This is pounds per cubic
foot.  You have to take your calculator and scales with you .  This is
assuming that as it is made under higher pressure the weight somewhat
follows the pressure.

Bottom line for the layman is weigh it then you will be much closer in your
comparison.