From: Don Munro
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] all this chat about chargers???

Karlton,

Now this is hilarious.

I had an MPX Cockpit MM on order from a hobby shop, but when it came in they phoned me and said that they really couldn't recommend it as MPX didn't supply a wall charger and they wouldn't recommend a "quick charger" for any R/C use. This was after they had convinced me that  the Cockpit was THE radio to go with.

Now, how confused am I???

Don

Karlton Spindle wrote:
018301c0b33e$0019a9c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]" type="cite">
Wall chargers just cook your batteries. :(  Note we only recommend the
sirrus aftermarket charger if not a MPX charger for loads less $$. But IMHO
the Sirrus is MORE then worth the money!!

We do not even provide them unless forced to because they are so bad for
your packs.

Also notice some charges that come with radios are not even UL listed? :)
Okay UL is more for the plastic that it will not catch on fire or bust when
dropped but come on even a simple light stand has to have a UL listing..

So for safety sake check your charger see if it has the UL listing some of
you will be surprised how many do not... I will not say the brand of radio
that comes with a non UL listed charger but it will shock you to find out
who it is. <--Pun not intended. The list will laugh when they see who it is
and why it is funny. :)

Smooth Sailing,
Karlton Spindle
http://www.MultiplexRC.com