It's basically a centered hinge made from two pieces of tape that have buckled
together from the top and bottom surface of the wing.

Here's what you do.

First, the control surface is double beveled, as the hinge will be on the center, not
top or bottom.

Next, you lay a length of tape along the sub trailing edge of the wing (top or
bottom...doesn't matter), so that half the width of the tape is hanging off.

You get some sort of spacers that are some percentage of the thickness of the control
surface (like maybe 75%) and lay them on the tape against the wing's subtrailing edge.

Now, the control surface is placed on the tape...the spacers offseting it from the
subtrailing edge.  The spacers are then removed, and another piece of tape is layed
across the the other side of the wing and the now in place control surface.

So, what you have now is a control surface that is attached to the wing with a strip
of tape running along the "hinge line" both top and bottom.  We have a gap between the
surface and the sub trailing egde, but not really a moveable hinge.

Now comes the cool part.  You carefully push the control surface toward the wing.
What happens is that the two top and bottom strips of tape along the hinge line will
buckle together and stick, right at the center line of the bevel.  This creates a
really strong, totally sealed hinge.

I use this type of hinge on pretty much all my EPP planes.  IMO, they are the
strongest type hinge for combat.