I have been using a similar hinge method for about 3 years, I can't remember
if someone showed it to me or if it evolved from the "both surface tape"
method where you fold the surface over the wing and offset the hinge.
I space the aileron about 3/16" from the stationary surface and tape both
sides.
Then I dent both tape surfaces down the hinge line with a ball point pen.
Then on a flat surface, I press the aileron to the TE and it forces the
surfaces together. I don't bevel any of the surfaces, it isn't necessary.
You just have to be sure to allow enough space for the hinge to operate or
it can be too tight. (good for high speed bungees)

         Mark Mech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    www.aerofoam.com