Quit whining and learn to build your own toys. As a downsized, early
retiree type I have learned to cope with the cost of progress by building
my own hlgs. If you are willing to invest in a gallon of epoxy, a $10
refrigerator compressor, 100 yards of 1.4 oz glass at sale prices, and
can do your own design then you can at least do the hlg stuff at a very
resonable price. A very good hlg can be built in under 25 hours for
less than $30. The electronics add another $150 for a RCD-555, 2 CS20
servos, and a MPG-10 gyro. Don't fight progress, learn how to contribute
to it.
--
Dick Barker
Seattle, WA