Hey Richard,

I have a chronus myself that does the same thing from time to time.  Its old
and I need to replace it.  I found a site that has a watch that looks
exactly like the chronus.  Check it out.  If you buy one let me know how it
works out as I plan to buy one myself in the near future.

Fischer scientific stopwatch link:

https://www3.fishersci.com/catalogs/coupon_page.jsp?catalogParamId=844801&catalogParamType=I&catalogParamView=norm

Best Regards,

Marc Webster