I recently had problems with my Vision with respect to the unit not
transmitting my inputs.  I knew the radio was putting out RF since the
reciever would go crazy if I turned off the tranny.

I think I deciphered the problem as slight corrosion on the plug-in contacts
within the transmitter.  Remember, these transmitters are on the order of a
decade old and they have probably been well used since they are very capable
tools.  The years of exposure to the elements or just slightly moist air
(its really moist here in FLA!) has probably developed a microscopic
corrosion layer on some contacts in the radio.

What I did was open up the unit and unplug and replug as many of the plugs
as I could get to.  I wasn't too interested in taking out all the boards in
the tranny.  I also slightly pryed up the 2 PROMS on the boards, just to
upset any corrosion accumulation.  I guess if this doesn't work for you, you
may need to go ahead and remove all the boards so that you can unplug and
replug all the plugs in the tranny.

I hear that there is a spray that you can apply safely to electronics and
achieve the same results.  I would appreciate a post from anyone that has
experience with these sprays.  Especially if there is a spray out there that
will protect from future corrosion.

This maintenance seemed to do the trick for me.  My Vision is working
properly now.

While your in there, be sure to examine the insulation on the wires going to
your aileron pot.  I posted a note here on this problem several months ago.
The insulation hardens and the underlying wire will fracture due to the
repetitive movement. The aileron pot should be the first pot to exhibit this
problem since it is highly used and its movement is large.

Good luck with your problems.

Martin Brungard
Tallahassee, FL

"Meandering to a different drummer"