Hey folks-

Tired of me yet? I hope I'm not making a nuisance of myself on what is
obviously a list populated by high-level folks...

I've got the aforementioned Skeeter HLG, and have been told by everyone I
tolk to that I need to lighten it to get any performance out of it. I read
the article in S&E magazine this month concerning lightening HLG's, and one
of the things they suggest is de-D-tubing wings on HLG's in particular. In
other words, use an open rib construction, and leave off the sheeting onthe
front of the wing. There was also mention of building open-bay control
surfaces and using fishhook eyes for control horns. There was also mention
of removing the formers inside the fuselage <which my receiver was nice
enough to do for me!> and using the absolute smallest servos that will do
the job. Personally, I like the Hitec HS-55's-- they move the surfaces with
authority even when the model's moving at 60MPH <guess how I know!! pickup
truck+short ride to the field+ newbie glider guider= time for
experimentation and production of curious onlookers at the idiot playing
with the toy plane on the main drag through town! 8)  > They also withstood
being dorked into the ground at approximately 35mph or better and having the
control rods sheer off of the surfaces pretty well, too. I'm thinking if I'd
built the plane with balsa control rods instead of the Golden Rods, I'd be
replacing servos now as well.

So anyway- does anyone have input on these subjects? I'm already considering
grabbing a second Skeeter to be built with a normal tail <hey- for $25, I'll
probably build a lot of them to mess about with.>, and following these
ideas. Would like the benefit of experienced help on this list, if that's
not a problem.