There's also the small detail that neither the JR 8103 or Futaba 8U
let you decouple the elevator trim between launch/thermal/speed
modes. May not be a big deal for TD stuff off braided line, but
for F3B launches off mono line those 2 clicks of up-trim you put
in to just float around in light lift can change the next launch from
"awesome" to "snap-roll". Also a couple of clicks of down-trim to
help penetrate into the wind can mean the difference between tracking
straight down the course or diving for the ground during a speed run.

The mainstream radios such as the 8103 and 8U actually do more than
most people will ever need. It's really a lot of little things that
make the top-end radios "better" and many people wouldn't consider
the extra price worth it. The way I look at it, my 9Z cost less than
one F3B airframe and will control/outlast many models. I consider it
an investment.

Ciao - Chris

******
Chris Kaiser  (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Auckland,  NEW ZEALAND
http://rcmodels.co.nz/clubs/asfcnz