Good point, Lincoln.  It depends on how nice your slopes (and especially
your landing zones) are.  I've seen some slopes in pastures that look like
gold fairways; my usual slopes are rocky, brushy and brambly, and landings
can be thought of as "arrival events".  To this end, Zagis and wings are
"less destructable" than a fuselage'd plane.  My usual sloper is a Zagi THL,
weighing in a 12 oz, with a 5/32 CF spar to give spanwise rigidity for those
signature cartwheel landings <G>.  Works well in 5-10mph lift, and can be
ballasted for higher winds.

--Bill