At 09:54 PM 12/1/01 -0800, Bill Johns wrote:
>At 02:30 PM 11/30/2001 +1300, Chris Bayley wrote:
>
>>You would to do well to get the 8U or 9C,
>
>You might go easy on recommending the 9C.  I was on the Futaba mailing list
>and apparently there is some sorta glitch in the V-Tail sailplane
>option.  Something to do with a factory hardwired premix.  If someone has
>some real experience a 9C or this potential problem please speak up.

Basically, one of our fellow RCSE'ers discovered the problem...that v-tail
surfaces do not correctly respond when elevator compensation is used in
crow mode (one v-tail surface moves more then the other).  The problem was
confirmed by several other glider guys around the world.  Futaba does know
of the issue, but they have been vague about when and how the issue would
be fixed.  I'm hoping they aren't  waiting a few years for the next version
of the radio (presumably the 9 Super) to fix it.  It sounds like a great
radio, and would be worth waiting for if they fix it in the near future.

Brett